Thursday, June 22, 2006



Learning to crawl....Well, Tommy is definitely working on crawling. Last Wednesday he surprised me by getting up on his hands and knees and rocking. He had done this before, but now he is doing it without pushing against the coffee table. Most Moms would be very excited about this but seeing as our place is filled with boxes and we are moving to Colorado next Friday, we are begging Tommy to wait just 2 more weeks. I can just see it now...moving truck has arrived...boxes are being loaded...Tommy escapes from the apartment. Actually we are pretty excited about Tommy's quest to finally move forward (he can go from side-to-side and backwards) it is just crummy timing.

I am attaching another picture of Tommy eating, but I swear this one is totally different. We had been given a mesh feeder and so we decided to try it out...with watermelon. It worked in the sense that Tommy did not choke and it caught the seeds, but I will let you look at the picture and guess how much watermelon made it in his mouth and how much stained his shirt. There would be a second eating picture, but the camera was not with us when I gave Tommy his first pickle. We were at a restaurant and I gave him a quarter slice of a dill pickle. Well, Tommy put the thing in his mouth and started to suck on it. He immediately took it out of his mouth, made the worst face I have ever seen, looked accusingly at the pickle, and put the pickle back in his mouth. He repeated this process about five times. I wish we had the camera with us, but c'est la vie. It did save everyone from yet another eating picture.
Our next post will be from Colorado, so it may be a couple weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home