Tuesday, June 13, 2006



It's Mike's Birthday!

Today is Mike's birthday, and I had hoped to do something special (make a nice dinner or take him out to eat) but I have had to change plans. Apparently I have my first case of mastitis which is a breast infection that you can get when you breastfeed. Basically, you feel like you have the flu, have a fever, and it hurts like the dickens to nurse. I am now taking an antibiotic and should be feeling better soon. So, we went out for a quick dinner (I was supposed to be on bedrest).

I mention that because it pertains to our adventures in sleep. Tommy had been sleeping with us, but lately it has not been the greatest arrangement. Since he is older and moves around he does wonderful little things like pulling our hair (and Mike's armpit hair), pinching, and patting our faces. These things sound really sweet, but not so at 2am. So, we have been trying various types of methods to get him to sleep in his crib. I have read 6 books on sleep with all different opinions on how to do it. They range from just deal with it to let them cry (without checking on them) until they fall asleep. We finally settled on the Ferber method, and it was working (the 10-12 wakings in his crib shortened from 30 minutes to 1-10), but now I have this infection and part of the treatment is to nurse him frequently. So, we have had to take a step backwards and postpone the prospect of sleep for another week or two.

I am including pictures of Tommy eating because those are always fun and also a picture of him in his new bathing suit/swim diaper.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debby and Tory said...

Cool pictures Traci! My sympathy on the mastitis...you are a real trooper!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home